I read today a post about Christian Thanksgiving by Albert Mohler on the Gospel Coalition Blog.
I needed that.
I have been busy thinking like Martha today instead of being Mary. Martha's work is important, but I need to remember to reflect on God's goodness foremost. And to bring my children into that reflection with me.
In light of that, I will not spend much time on this post today, but will list only five of the things I am thankful for.
1. The Almighty Supreme Being loves ME, who deserves nothing. He loves me enough to have suffered and died for me and for us.
2. Love. The reflection of Him in our lives.
3. Family. Not less than the foundation of civilization and a source of refuge and great joy.
4. Justice. The peace in knowing that we may not have justice in this world, but it will come.
5. Beauty. Glimpses into the heart of God.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving as you also reflect on God's many gifts!
Thank you Carol. So wonderful to read. You always stretch my faith and growth. Love you.ReplyDelete
Thanksgiving blessings to you and your family. I'm still at the office--and enjoying the quietness of the day. But soon need to head home and "be Martha"ReplyDelete